My Sticky Notes program only functioned properly for the first day I had the computer. The second day, the program was still there, but it wouldn't open. Now, months have gone by and the program isn't even in the "Control Panel" programs list. I have
followed the instructions given in other threads by turning off and on the tablet features in "Program and Features". This has not made the program reappear.
– Rima Gentry
Solutions to the Problem Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared.
a) Do you remember making any changes to your computer prior to the issue occurring?
b) Have you done an upgrade or clean installation of Windows 7?
Sticky Notes can be launched from the following location:
I would suggest you to perform an SFC scan and then check if you are able to use the Sticky notes.
Perform a SFC Scan
Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'.
Be patient because the scan may take some time
If any files require a replace SFC will replace them.
You may be asked to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue
If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"
After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.
Check the below mentioned link for further guidance on
SFC scan -
After SFC scan you may fix the Corrupted User Account since the issue could because of Corrupted User Account.
Follow the steps from the article to fix Corrupted User Account :
If the issue persists I would suggest you to put the computer in clean boot state and then check if any non-Microsoft service is interfering –
To perform the clean boot follow the step 1 mentioned in the below article and then check in this clean boot state -
If the issue gets resolved check which non-Microsoft service is causing the problem; referring to the article and following other steps.
After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support
Use the Sfc tool to repair - Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared.
sfc is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. For example, some Windows functions may not work, or Windows may crash.
For Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
- Start an elevated command prompt. To do this, follow these steps:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
For Windows 7, Windows 10, or Windows Vista
After the process is finished, you may receive one of the following messages:
- To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or press Allow.
- At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
- sfc /scannow
- The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
- Note: Don't close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown when the scan is finished.
- Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- This means that you do not have any missing or corrupted system files.
Reinstall your Operating System
The ultimate solution for error: Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared. is to reinstall Windows. This removes all unwanted program that is causing problems, erases adware and other malware, clears out junk files and so on.
A Windows disc is needed for old versions of Windows, but Windows 8 has a built in Refresh option that makes the job easy. Bring up the Charms bar on the right side of the screen and click Settings, Change PC settings. Click Update and recovery, then Recovery. Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, click Get started.
Personal files - photos, music and documents - are kept, so it isn't a complete refresh, but it's may be enough for most people. A more powerful option is Remove everything and reinstall Windows. Copy files you want to keep to a USB disk before starting though.
– Hung Leeks. Feb.7th
Another Safe way to Fix the problem: Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared.:
How to Fix Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared. with SmartPCFixer?
1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer. Open it, and it will scan your computer. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems which need to be fixed.
3. The Repair part is finished, the speed of your computer will be much higher than before and the errors have been fixed. You can also use other functions in this software. Like dll downloading, junk file cleaning and print spooler error repair.
Tagged: Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared., dll error fixer
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
To repair Sticky Notes not working, now disappeared. you need to follow the steps below:
Download the registry fixer
Install and launch the application
Scan will begin. The errors will be shown in the scan result.
Click Fix All button to fix the errors.
Win 10, Vista, 7, 8 & 8.1, XP
300 MHz Processor, 256MB RAM,50MB HDD